Today I’d like to share my latest card with you, and show you how it came together.
Here we go:
The base of my card was cut, from double folded cardstock, at 5.7/8 x 5.7/8 The fold is on the left.
Then I cut 2 strips. The teal one was cut at 1 x 5.7/8 The white legder strip was cut at 0.3/4 x 5.7/8 and was torn in half, like in the picture.
The white ledger strip, (which was torn in half) I used one piece at the top, and I flipped the other one and glued it at the bottom.
Then I randonmly tored a strip of white corrugated cardstock and glued it in place. Then cut off the excess.
This little tag was cut at 3 x 1.1/2. I rounded the bottom corners, and made a hole with my Crop-A-Dile.
With the Prima stamp that came in the Main kit, I stamped randomly over the corrugated cardstock, using Archival in Potting Soil. A wonderful brown color.
Then I wrapped some cording around the entire front of my card, and knotted it on the inside of the card. This gives me the opportunity to add an extra little something on the inside of the card. Either stapled to the thread or with a safety pin, etc.
Then I took one of the Chipboard frames (god how much I love these) and started adding 2 layers of Gesso.
Then I ran into the problem that I really needed to raise my chipboard frame. So I glued a few pearls to the back of the frame and let it dry for 10 minutes. Time to drink a cup of coffee.
Then I glued the frame into place and placed an acrylic stamping block on top to make sure the frame would stick to the flower and background. I let this dry for another 10 minutes.
From the cord that came in the Main kit: I wrapped it around my fingers, to form a bow, and stapled it in the middle.
When I was sure my frame was nicely adhered, I gently distressed the edges of the tag and slided it right under the frame, like so. I did add 2 layers of foamtape to the bottom half of the tag. This forms a nice platform to stamp.
Then I glued the other flower and bow in place. To cover up the staple I added a rhinestone, which came in the Main kit.
and glued the lace on the left side along the strip of corrugated cardstock. I added some more rhinestones at the left top and bottom right. Lastly I stamped my sentiment using Archival ink in Coffee and Black Jet.
And that’s it. I so love the colors in this kit. All I want to do is make lots and lots of Happy cards!
I hope you do too!
Have a lovely weekend!